If you are going to consider other companies, the following are some things we feel clients need to know and compare in order to choose one company over another.
Why is it worth your investment to use a design build firm?
Consider the following:
- Have they been in business for almost 30 years?
- Do they have a flawless record with the “Department of Consumer Protection” in your County?
- Do they offer true “Turn Key” installation in writing, in which they are entirely responsible for the delivery & complete installation of all products & services purchased?
- Do they offer a Project Management Team that provides a projected schedule from start to finish, coordinates the trades & performs daily site visits to oversee the installation of the entire project?
- Is the owner a CKD (Certified Kitchen Designer) through the NKBA?
- Is the owner an Instructor in the field of kitchen design and sales?
- Has the design firm won Recognition and Awards in the kitchen and bath remodeling industry?
- Do they implement a Client Questionnaire Form to ensure nothing gets left out of your design?
- Are the professional installers Employees of the company or are they licensed sub-contractors?
- Can they provide a Client Job Folder for you to view containing the following items:
- Complete Installation Schedule BEFORE the project begins from start to finish
- Detailed Agreements itemizing all materials & all labor operations
- Proof of their State and /or County Licensing & Capital Improvement Form
- A Certificate of Insurance with the clients additionally insured as certificate holder
- Itemized Material and Labor Price Sheets to manage what your money is being spent on
- Detailed Computerized Floor Plans and 3D Renderings of your project
- Can they provide a large portfolio & testimonials of completed projects from satisfied clients?
- Are the cabinet brands part of a Corporate Conglomerate where they are pre-built and less focused on quality construction and more worried about impressing their stockholders?
- Are the cabinets “Made in the USA”
- Have they partnered with banks to offer Competitive Financing Rates?